Thursday, May 22, 2008

full Bill Lawrence tv squad interview


Its A very long interview and starts here its 3 pages long so go check it out

it also has a few spoilers for next year.

JK: The show's not coming on until mid-season again, right?

BL: Yeah, I would assume -- my guess is it's going to be on in November if I had to -- that's, it's not really off the record it's just my guess because I think that's when the next Dancing with the Stars installment ends at the end of November.

JK: Oh, by the way, I forgot to ask about the NBC finale. What was your reaction when they determined that "My Princess" was going to be the finale?

BL: Oh man, what could I do? I said fuck it because, you know, how am I going to fight that fight? It pissed me off just because -- here's what pissed me off. First of all the episodes were out of order, you know what I mean? So like anybody who pays attention to the show would be like, "Hey, Dr. Kelso's character was fired two episodes ago and now he's back working around the hospital again."

Secondly, you know, I heard it marketed, and bandied about as the series finale of Scrubs which just absolutely sucks for two reasons. One, the only reason to say that is to hopefully help it on their own network but also to damage it on ABC and secondly, I wasn't allowed to go out and refute that because they were still in contractual and, you know, legal haggling about whether ABC could have the show.

And the third thing that just pissed me off was that particular episode, we spent a lot of time on and worked our ass off and if everybody was just watching television in a normal season and that episode came on, I think people would really dig it. When it's sold to people as a series or even a season finale, neither of which it was supposed to be, you know, and then they're looking at everything as, well, J.D. and Elliot say they decided meant nothing so they -- it put such a burden on the show that the episode that I will continue to argue is really, really good, people are taking giant shits on it. It bummed me out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

another great Bill interview